Calgary Website designer covers the complete gamut of elements that comprise a Web presence. One interesting theme that ties the design together is location. Location, location, location – we hear this term ringing across the Web when talking about Web sites, particularly when it comes to search engine optimization or advertising space. However, there’s very little on your Web site that does not relate to location. It is a vital element in everything from hosting to web design, from social networking to advertising.
Calgary, as a location, provides powerful support in building your Web presence. It is one of the most wired’ cities in North America. Look for hosting which is local in Calgary, you will find a good number of downtown data centres that can host small to large business needs. One such firm is Datahive, located on 7th Avenue. Another company is 3DG hosting. A domain name with a Canadian domain extension (.CA) can be bought from several registrars including GoDaddy.com, but if you’d like to support a Canadian registrar, check out Cornerstone Digital.
There are also many Web design firms in Calgary and area that can provide services. When searching for a Calgary-based Web design company, look to the company’s contact page to determine if their address is local. This can help ensure that they have a vested interest in the regional Calgary business scene.
For Marketing online, you can look to the larger advertising networks located in Google AdWords or Facebook, since these advertisers allow for advertising campaigns based on specific demographics. But also look to promoting your site and Calgary Web site.
More generally speaking, if you care in Calgary or any other place in the world, it is important to consider these next points when building your Internet presence:
1. Domains – Location plays a significant role in domains. If you own a website hosted as a subdomain with an existing domain, then you’re near some potentially major Web property. Being tied into a larger community or network in such blogging websites will help people find you and you find them. The other side of real estate is real, real estate – the kind with bricks and mortar – where you can find a domain which has your region from the domain name, as an example, we could build a website around the keywords”Calgary web designer”.
If you serve just one area or area then this could help you brand your website to display your dedication to this region, be it a town, city, state or province or even a nation. You can even create multiple subdomains for every region that you function, under a primary domain, for those who own a business that has multiple offices or locations across the country or the world. It shows your clients that you serve their local needs.
2. Web Hosting – This is a lesser-known factor that’s often overlooked by people looking for Web hosting packages. Learn where your server has their host servers located, most individuals don’t take the time to do this step. They only look for the lowest price and best bargain. For instance, we use servers which are located in Calgary, Alberta. IP addresses are taken into account in certain search engines’ indexing, so having a local host can help a bit with your search engine ranking. It can also be easier for you to receive support if your Web host is situated nearby.
3. Web Design – Location in Web design concentrates on the visual property of any given Web page. Broadly speaking, the highest valued areas should be dedicated to logos, advertising space and featured content. The top left or top centre is the standard place for your Web site’s most important logo, which can be accompanied with key navigational elements, like the primary menu and login forms. Advertising space may also appear along the top, sides or bottom of their Web design. If, for instance, you dedicate the right column of your Web design to show Google AdSense advertisements, then you will see that Google will offer targeted advertisements which, yes, are determined by where you are and/or the positioning of the user seeing the ad.
Therefore, if the user is in Calgary, Alberta, then they might well see advertisements posted for”Calgary Web designers” as a keyword, based on their IP address. The location of content might look like a given, but it’s important that the main content, and any highlighted content, be placed in clear and easy view for the user to scan.
4. Web Content – When it comes to the main content you want to consider the location of your articles on the page, so it’s prominent and easy to read. Location is also important for names and contextual links. For any content created for articles and article spinning, location can also be key, first for adding in your keywords but also to the location of the traffic to your site. Search engine spiders may prefer to see your hyperlinks at the top and bottom of the content.
5. Search Engine Optimization – Google and other search engines now display results based on the viewer’s location (e.g. Google Local), therefore your Web site must be optimized and submitted to the main search engines. Create a business profile that defines your place. This will ensure your listing will appear with your regional competitors and above those that are not located in your area. Defining your location in your search terms will immediately help to funnel local, targeted traffic to your site.
6. Bonus tip – Web Advertising – Paid advertising is related to search engine optimization. Both big hitters Google AdWords and Facebook ads both provide powerful tools to define and track your campaigns. You may specify the areas and specific locations that you want to target with your advertisements, thereby providing you with targeted hits to your Calgary website.
Location, as an element of Web design, needs proper attention at all stages of Web development. Keep location in mind from the domain registration down to post-launch search engine marketing and Web marketing campaigns. Whether you are located in Calgary, Alberta or anywhere else on the planet, the place will play a critical role in the success of your website.